Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TWD: Banana Bundt Cake

I'm baaaack. Ah TWD, how I missed the. What a crazy July - and so many lactose desserts. This week's Banana Bundt Cake was perfect for my return. Hubby and I love banana bread, and I can easily make this lactose free with margarine and yogurt. And, it was chosen by one of my favorite bloggers who I have a major blog crush on and wish, o, wish I could be half as talented as. None other than Mary of The Food Librarian. You can find this amazing recipe HERE.

So, I was a tad on the late side with this one - still true to my procrastinating TWD form - so we just tested this cake while it was still steaming hot. It was really good. I know it will only get better with a good night's rest (as Dorie mentions in the book) because that will give the banana flavor time to develop more. So, can't wait for breakfast. I added 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp cardamon for a little kick. Those flavors are subtle and don't over power the banana. Another great Dorie recipe. Man I love this cookbook.

15 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the cake!!! I cant wait to try today as it rested even more!!! Cardamon sounds lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Im so glad you were able to alter this recipe to fir your needs! I loved this one and will make it again and again! See ya Sunday for some Snickerdoodle action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious - and it's good to know it can be made dairy-free! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Your bundt cake looks terrific! I'm glad it was easy to make lactose free so you could enjoy it. I made mini bundts and gave most of mine away so I wouldn't be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I have a lot of photos like that! We seriously have a hard time waiting for things to get to room temp. (Even cheesecake!)

    Good call on the added spices. I'm gonna try the cardamom!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second your love for the book! well done on the cake! looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I've used this book more than any other one, ever! I'm sure TWD has lots to do with that, but I love it. Glad you got the chance to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! your cake looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! And I have a blogger crush on you too! Hope we can all meet up in SF in September!! This looks great...love the cardamon addition. Thanks so much for baking along with me this week! - mary the food librarian

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm banana cake - one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything baked with bananas and this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to TWD! Your cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful way to make banana bread/cake. I love the stuff. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a blog crush on Mary, too. Ssshhh!

    Welcome back, chica! We miss you!

    Great job on that cake!

    ReplyDelete