Monday, August 10, 2009

SMS: Snickerdoodles

Well, a day late. What can I say ... the truth? My father drove to SF from LA on Friday to buy this car for my mom, and they needed someone to drive the car home - since my sister who came along is only 14. So I volunteered, and by the time we got home to LA, I went straight to bed. Cookies were made, pictures taken, but no energy.

This week's SMS recipe was the well-loved snickerdoodles - my hubby's favorite. Luckily, Spike of Spike Bakes helped us all out and agreed to host last minute and chose snickerdoodles. You can get the recipe HERE. My usual go-to recipe I use is Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles - which uses shortening and doesn't require a chill in the fridge like the SMS recipe. Well I'd say these came out just as good as my trusty standard, they were gobbled up by my hubby and family. My sister said they were the best cookies she ever had. So, give them a try.
Thanks Spike for hosting and thanks Dad and Pam for the feedback and the photos.

14 comments:

  1. It was nice of you do do the driving!! :)

    Great cookies, Im loving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, great always looking for another recipe for snickerdoodles, my hubby's fave also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I haven't tried these yet - will have to bake some one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the very same snickerdoodle go to.. Mrs Siggs.. great minds:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snickerdoodles look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its never too late for snickerdoodles, especially now that these are MY favorite cookie. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late than never :) Your snickerdoodles look awesome! I really liked these too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snickerdoodles are my hubs' favorites, and my son loves rolling them in the sugar. I definitely need to try this recipe - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look wonderful. I hope you are rested from your car trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh I love snickerdoodles. they look crispy and chewy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lorelei!

    How are you? That was so kind of you to volunteer to help out your parents with the new car- Being an east coast girl, I'm not exactly sure what the drive is like from SF to LA, but I imagine it's a long trip, and quite tiring. I can absolutely understand going straight to bed! But I'm glad you still decided to post about the snickerdoodles- your cookies look just perfect, as always! Isn't it the best compliment when someone says something you made was "the best they've ever had?" That was sweet of your little sister, and I'm sure she was right :)

    Thanks so much for the reminder about the giveaway. I actually saw the results (was SUPER excited, and grateful) and checked out the littlebeane boutique for the stickers. I just haven't been able to decide- I LOVE too many of the designs! But I promise I'll let you know my choice ASAP. Any recommendations that you really like? I'd love your opinion. Thank you so much for running such a fun contest- it really brightened my day (or week!) and I felt so lucky to be one of the winners. It is so kind of you to run these extras on our site- they make the group all the more thrilling to be a part of. Have I told you lately how much it means to me to be a member of SMS? Thanks again for organizing us all, and your never ending hard work. You're the best, and I really appreciate your amazing dedication!

    I hope your doing well and having a great week! Hope to hear from you soon :)

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. As often as I've eaten snickerdoodle flavored desserts I've yet to eat an actual snickerdoodle cookie. That's a shame as they look great!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your snickerdoodles look perfect and delicious!

    ReplyDelete