Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

Ohhhhh man these were DELICIOUS. This post is a little overdue, I made these amazing cinnamon rolls from The Bread Baker's Apprentice while we were on vacation in Hawaii in May. I bought this book in hopes of joining the BBA group, but I can barely keep up with TWD and SMS and Cake Slice. So, I have the book, and when I can, I will try some of those amazing recipes that I have seen all over many lovely blogs. But I just had to try these, and despite sub-optimal baking conditions in the condo (no oven thermometer!!), these turned out AMAZING. I can't wait to do them again - although they do take some coordination to time them well for morning treats. I am not going to post the recipe here since the BBA group is not doing that, but here is a LINK to a post that has an adapted recipe of these rolls (looks pretty close to me).

And, just because this blog is a little bit of an on-line journal for me, below are some fun pictures from our amazing trip. Thanks again William and Locey.

21 comments:

  1. Oh lord, these look good. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh those cinnamon rolls look scrummy! Love the snaps from your holiday, would love to see some of you in the wigs! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cinnamon rolls look awesome, but I have to say, Hawaii looks even better! Can't wait to go there...someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy - look at all that wonderful icing dripping all over them. Makes me want one badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now you are really making me regret skipping breakfast this morning! Those look so good, I want to eat my computer now... And the shot of the hibiscus is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look insane! Oh my I am so jealous I dont have one of those to eat right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yea! I love cinnamon rolls and these look especially good! Great pictures of your trip, Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorites but I rarely make them because of the time and calories involved :) Love your Hawaii pics! We went there for our honeymoon and had the best time. Someday I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw, this is my ultimate weakness. Cinnamon rolls. It doesn't get better than that.

    Please feed me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeez, I wish I had myself some of thise right now. They look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Hana! Those cinnamon rolls look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing those photos with us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Cinnamon roll- how I love thee.

    I adore cinnamon rolls but I have yet to find a recipe that is truly extraordinary. I might have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great vacation pictures!

    Your cin rolls look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, goodness.......what I wouldn't do to get my hands on one (or two) of those bad boys. I REALLY need to get over my leeriness of yeast.

    Great vaca photos!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's nothing quite like a yummy, gooey cinnamon roll! Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know how you feel...so many great blogging groups to join, but not enough time to make everything. The rolls look delicious. Your vacation pictures are lovely. Hawaii is one of our favorite getaways!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You just hit my weak spot, these look fantastic! I'm bookmarking for when the heat breaks around here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm. Your cinnamon rolls look delicious. Those are next up for me for BBA. I'm looking forward to them--I've made them before and know how delicious they are. =) Love the other pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. those look to die for!!! i have trouble straying from my cinnabon recipe but boy are those tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot even begin to tell you how long I've talked about making cinnamon rolls! your look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete