Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TWD: Rewind - Chipster Topped Brownies

OK, so I didn't make this week's TWD because (1) I can't eat ice cream as you know; and (2) I don't have an ice cream maker, because of reason #1. For this week's recipe, Tommi of Brown Interior selected Honey-Peach Ice Cream for TWD. Sorry Tommi, the ice cream sure looks good.

So, for this short and sweet post, I am doing a rewind to a few weeks back when Beth of Supplicious decided on Chipster-Topped Brownies on pages 94 and 95 of Dorie's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours. I made these special brownies for my husband's grandmother for mother's day. Word on the street was that she loved these and happily shared them with her friends where she lives. I found these to be pretty easy to make - lots of dishes - and well worth the effort. I look forward to making these again, I think my work would be very excited to find these in the kitchen.

19 comments:

  1. These look like they turned out so nicely for you! I had trouble with this recipe but they were tasty even if they weren't pretty. Glad to hear they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rewind: delicious brownies! Looks fudgy and chewy! My type of brownie.

    Let's have a bake date this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious! Ive been looking for an interesting brownie recipe - thanks for sharing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made these yet, I need to. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good. I really liked the one that I tried when I made them. So much that I've been craving them ever since. Looking at your picture makes me want to start making another batch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I decided I prefer a brownie in one hand and a ccc in the other, these were fun to make. Yours look great! Nice rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved these, and in fact, I need to make more, since my supply has mysteriously vanished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brownies look awesome! I'm glad they were a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a lot of people don't have ice cream makers so it is nice for people like us that you did not make ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, wow! Those look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought these were very good. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are delicious - worth another go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy yummy yummy
    brownies are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh I see these all over the blogosphere. I really need to get on that! :D Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. These brownies look fantastic. I wish I had one to go along with my lunch. Also, I see Hannah hooked you up with an awesome design. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photo! They look good....glad to hear that grandma liked 'em!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your new blog design! no worries about being absent - i haven't had much time to visit blogs/comment either...hope you enjoyed your vacation!!

    your brownies turned out terrific. the first time i made the ice cream i actually made it w/o an ice cream maker...but i guess if you can't eat ice cream then that's another story

    ReplyDelete