Sunday, June 28, 2009

SMS: Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies

I'm back! It's good to be back. I have been super busy - work, baking, family, friends. It has all been terrific. Just, didn't leave a whole lot of time to blog. And, while I have a TON of things to post, I didn't want to just throw things up and do a lot of posting when I couldn't do commenting. Speaking of which I am SUPER behind. I don't know if you know how daunting it is to have your google reader threatening to break 1000 - oh, it kept me worrying in bed a few times. So my apologies, I will do my best to make the rounds.


So, this week's SMS recipe is Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies that were chosen by Megan of My Baking Adventures - one of my favorite bloggers. She is soo sweet, bakes up tons of stupendious treats, and leaves many nice comments. You can get this week's recipe from her blog here. Seems like many of the fellow SMS Bakers liked these cookies a lot. I can't report on their taste, since I can't eat them, but I bet my work will gobble these up tomorrow and be greatful to Megan. My trusty taster and fantastic hubby is in Kenya (actually on his way back right now), so baking blind tonight. I did learn from all of the more responsible and diligent SMS'ers who baked and posted nice and early today that the baking time was probably less than in the book, so I baked mine for 12 minutes, and they look like they turned out just fine.

Happy Sunday!

18 comments:

  1. 1000 Google Reader, wow! Welcome back. I'm sure that your co-workers and hubby will love the cookies.

    Raeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMm so delicious , great your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look fantastic! I love that colour in the background, really makes the cookies pop!

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on being behind on comments!

    Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they look good - pity you couldn't have any :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies & photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies look fantastic. Great job. I was out for a month and my reader reached an astronomical level. You'll catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the cookies! They turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorelei!

    So glad your back... I'm a new reader to your blog, but I missed you! Your cookies look fabulous, and I'm sure your co-workers enjoyed them immensely- my tasters (a.k.a. family) certainly did! I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed with a backed up reader- but just remember this is supposed to bring you lots of fun! I'd love for you to check out my cookies, but I completely understand if you simply don't have the time. Hope to talk to you soon, though!

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies look perfect! I am hoping to make them this week still - after all, it just doesn't seem right for me to miss a challenge where chocolate is involved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Yum to the cookies and the cake!
    I totally understand about Reader neglect. Sigh. Just. can't. do. it. all! But wow, almost 1000! I'm just at 400 and having a fit about it. Sigh.
    The SMS cookies looked so good on all the blogs yesterday that I've got them made and chillin' right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your coworkers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cookies look gorgeous. They were such a big hit with the family, I didn't have any left to take to work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cookies look yummy! I think it was pretty unanimous amongst the group that these were excellent cookies, so I'm sure your co-workers will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope everyone enjoys this fantastic cookie!! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww - thanks for your sweet comments - I really appreciate it!

    Sorry you couldn't eat these - they were really good and definitely worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So flad you are back! Your cookies look great.

    ReplyDelete