Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tagged: A Little About Lorelei

I have never been a part of any blog tagging events, but recently was lucky enough to be tagged by two great bloggers. First, Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater tagged me with 10 Honest Things About Myself & Alicia of The Red Deer tagged me with The Number 8. Thanks Stephanie and Alicia. So, here you go – a little bit about myself in case you were interested (if you only come for the baked goodness, I totally understand). And, because I really liked how Stephanie added great relevant photos to her list, I am doing that too.

8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:
1. Mexico Vacation
2. The Swine Flu madness to end so I can go on Mexico vacation
3. Baking with Elyse of Elyse's Confectionary Creations tomorrow!
4. Bay to Breakers
5. Dressing up as a Mad Baker for Bay to Breakers
6. River rafting with OTT this summer
7. Working at the cookie booth at the Oregon Country Fair this summer
8. Buying a house with a great, if not dream, kitchen hopefully soon.

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Settled on what we are baking for my baking play date with Elyse tomorrow (stay tuned)
2. Started working on a new case
3. Started working on an appellate brief
4. Won a game of apples to apples
5. Did a wine tasting event with some good friends
6. Hosted an impromptu dinner party
7. Made Turkish lentil soup, chicken & shrimp kebabs with Turkish spices; eggplant dip and garlic, cheese artichoke bread for impromptu dinner party
8. Turned surviving half of dropped cake and left over chocolate ganache and frosting into a mock tiramisu cake for dinner party.

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Not be such a negative worry wort
2. HTML coding
3. Photoshop
4. Graphic design
5. Bake everyday
6. Make wedding cakes
7. Appreciate my loved ones and good fortune more frequently
8. Run (stupid back)

8 Top Movies (I don’t watch T.V)
1. The Bourne Series
2. Die Hard Series
3. Ocean’s 11
4. Shrek Movies
5. Bridget Jones’ Diary
6. Pride and Prejudice
7. My Best Friend’s Wedding
8. Sweet Home Alabama

And now I tag the following 8 great blogs (feel free to just know I heart your blog and not pass it on, not sure how everyone feels about these tagging things as I am fairly new to the blog world):
3. Gabe's Girl of GabesBabyMomma
4. Michelle of Flourchild
5. Pamela of Cookies with Boys
7. Clara of I Heart Cuppycakes
8. Sugar B of Eat My Cupcake

10 Honest Things About Myself
The Rules are as Follows:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs for brilliance in content/design.
2. Show the winners and let them know.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

1. I am hopelessly madly in love with my awesome husband Mathias. We’ve been together for 9 years now and it has been the greatest journey of my life. I feel so incredibly lucky to have such a supportive husband who loves me and all my personality quirks and does ALL my dishes!

2. I still like stuffed animals, I do. I have a lot of Eeyore’s lying around the house and other creatures too. Thankfully, my hubby doesn’t think this is too weird.

3. I used to do a lot of figure skating when I was young. I was obsessed and wanted nothing more than to live at the ice rink and couldn’t stop watching the Cutting Edge. I still don’t like to go skating with rental skates – sorta sacrilegious. (Can't believe I am sharing the photo below - horrifying).

4. I’m a homebody. I do like to get out and socialize and party, but I really love a nice quiet night in doing some baking or crafting with some wine, music and my hubby working nearby.


5. I love any excuse to dress up and wear costumes. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I love Bay to Breakers, and love themed costume parties.

6. I am travel partners with my AMAZING father (who has 4 daughters & 1 wife, my hubby calls him a saint). It started back after my first year of law school when I went to study abroad for a few weeks in Costa Rica. My dad really wanted to come and so he joined me after the program and we toured the country for 12 days. Since then we have done Italy, France, England, Spain, Greece and Turkey. We are not sure where we are going to next and might have to start letting other family members come along!

7. I have an original – pre Angelina & Brad – melting pot family. My amazing parents adopted me and my three sisters and we have 3 different ethnicities between the four of us.

8. I don’t really watch TV apart from the occasional food network show or the Daily Show. So I am constantly out of the loop when pop culture comes up in conversation. I just always have so many things I would rather do, and don’t have nearly enough time for, like baking, blogging, photo projects, reading, research, internet shopping, house hunting, etc. Sometimes, when I do have free time, I get so overwhelmed at the choices that I get paralyzed.

9. I love sushi and massages. When I talk about my dream house and dream life, it always includes a live-in sushi chef and a hot masseuse/pool boy. I could really go for a massage a day, would never get tired of it. Thankfully, I have a hot husband who gives me many massages – that’s pretty dreamy as it is.

10. I LOVE to throw parties, it is probably my third favorite hobby behind baking (of course) and photo projects. And I LOVE Mardi Gras beads, so they are usually a part of my parties. I just recently threw a dress up scavenger hunt party (with beads) for my friends Jenn and Stephanie in SF and it was so much fun. Anyone want me to throw them a party?



And, now to tag 7 amazing blogs (ditto on the I heart your blog, hope the tagging isn't a burden):
1. Alicia of The Red Deer (sending the love back!)
3. Donna of My Tasty Treasures
5. Dawn of Vanilla Sugar
7. Katie of Katiecakes

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I've never been tagged before but I promise that I'll answer sometime soon! I've always wanted to run Bay to Breakers even though I think that the hills in Georgetown are monsters (Houston is flat, flat, flat) and I'm pretty sure that I'd need a tow truck to finish BtoB. Oh, and I love to dress up for races and pretty much any other occasion and I so approve of (what I think) is the Tinkerbell costume that you're wearing for the race picture. Wings are great costume accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I feel like I "know" you now - if I ever get to SF I would certainly call you!

    I love the pictures - especially of you figure skating - and those amazing little panda bears, how cute are they?

    You are certainly a talented individual, thanks for tagging me, I'll hop right to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun post! I love learning more about the bloggers I read on a regular basis. Thanks for tagging me! I'm so glad I started blogging. Really...the people are the best! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like a GREAT gal with a wonderful life and family! Love your blog and food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fun post Lorelei! It was so nice to learn more about you. Your family sounds incredible. Thanks for tagging me! I'll have to try to think of some interesting things to share about myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved learning all these facts about you. Thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me back - I am feeling the blog love ;)

    It was great to find out some more about you and all of the photos are great. I will do my 10 honest things post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love finding out a little about the people I read...almost, but not quite, like I know them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you ain't lying! Hubs is pretty cute! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tag honey and your hubs is HOT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!! This was such an awesome post. See, I don't have to go through Lorelei withdrawal yet because I just got another dose of you right now :) Um, Mathias is such a cutie...can we talk about how hot that cowboy hat is? Just had to throw that out there! And I'm loving the throw-back pics. AWESOME!! Yay for your fabulous list! And here's hoping you get to do #1 and go to Mexico soon--and then be quarantined for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post! How have I missed your blog so far!? We have lots in common - even the lactose int. (I take lots of those lactaid tablets! :) Great learning about you!! (And I just got back from SF...food crawl to be posted soon! :) - mary the food librarian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing with us. It was nice getting to know you better. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete