Friday, June 12, 2009

Cupcake Goodies from Mom


I know Mother's Day is long gone for the year and Father's day is around the corner, but there really should be many more days of appreciation for mother's shouldn't there (I hear a resounding yes from you hardworking mothers!). I couldn't adequately express the proper gratitude and admiration for my wonderful Mother, so I am not going to try to write a long tribute, but I will say, a few things. Like my Mother has the biggest heart. Not only did she adopt me and my three sisters and give us amazing lives and opportunities, she works with abused, neglected, abandonded children trying to find suitable homes for them and would - if possible - adopt many more children herself. She's just amazing and she is my rock - we may not see eye to eye all the time, but has always been and always will be there for me. Her love and support is always felt.


So, this does have something to do with baking, I promise. See the stuff in the photo above, my Mother has sent this stuff and more (cute cupcake stickers not pictured) in many little packages over the last few weeks, with notes of love, recipe clippings, etc. It is soooo cool - THANKS MOM. I mean who doesn't like to receive good snail mail - and unexpected snail mail with very cool treats at that - man that's up there. She got most of the cool stuff pictured, like cupcake magnets, napkins, plates, x-mas ornament, journal from the wonderful Michaels for awesome discount prices. So, if your headed to Michaels soon and would like any of this stuff ... maybe you are planning a cupcake party, or just collect the stuff, look out for it there.

Thanks mom. So, in case you were wondering, I have gotten all of your packages, I LOVE them, and of course, wouldn't mind if you keep making my day with your awesome snail mail. Love you.

18 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds incredible. Moms are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how sweet! What a wonderful mother you have - sounds like you're very lucky :) I totally agree about getting fun snail mail, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet photographs! Isn't it wonderful how moms know just what to do to make you feel awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the sweetest food post EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie, what a lovely post. Being a mom I think I know how your mom must be feeling right about now, reading this with a tear of joy in her eye and a whole lot of love in her heart. Mother's and daughters..a blessed combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweetheart of a mom!! Lucky you and her. Tissue, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I love my mom, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thoughtful sweet mummy you have! Tell her we all think she is awesome too! :)
    My Mum just bought me a cupcake book, its the nicest one I own too! I <3 her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice! Being a mom is fantastic - and having a great mom is the best treat of all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, your mom sounds like a very special lady. I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful Mom (& Dads) too!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool and thoughtful! Moms Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mum rocks! Such a cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mom is a beautiful woman inside and out. What a sweet blessing to have such a caring person in your life. I am very happy for you. Moms are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so sweet.

    I have those cupcake magnets! I got mine about a montha ago. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Mom sounds amazing - and the packages are so thoughtful and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mom is beautiful! What a great post. She sounds like an amazing woman and mother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I finally had some time to catch up on your blog . . and this entry is so heart-warming. Thanks for sharing, sweetie!

    Your MOM is BEAUTIFUL and generous. Inspirational indeed.

    ReplyDelete