Friday, June 5, 2009

Blog Love: Bakingblonde's Cookies

So, I am back from my AMAZING vacation in Hawaii (I know, cry me a river). Sorry I didn't make it around to your blog while I was gone, I ended up going with the cold turkey approach to all things digital. It was very refreshing, but I am so glad to be back (to blogging) and have set aside this evening to get through my google reader.

I have a few missed TWD and SMS posts to get up, but for my return to blogging I bring you my first "Blog Love" post. I just love love love so many of your baking/cooking blogs and have been bookmarking and printing your recipes for a long time now. I was inspired by the magnificent Donna of My Tasty Treasures (who blesses us with gorgeous firefigher photos, among other things) and her Imitation posts, and thought I should do a post in honor of a blog I love when I bake at least two of their posts. And so, there you go - my first Blog Love post.

So this post is in honor of the amazing, stupenduous, awesome blog Bakingblonde. Go and check this great blog out if you don't already have it in your google reader. She is so creative, I love it. I have a ton of recipes of hers that I want to try, but this post is about her Intense Chocolate Shock Cookies and Butterscotch Rice Krispies Cookies (click through for the recipes). I have been on a cupcake and cake kick lately and wanted to return to cookie monster land and bake up some cookies for the SF Food Bank bake sale I baked for a while back.

These were AhhhhMAZING. I made a few tweaks, adding Reeses Pieces instead of chocolate chips for the chocolate cookies. And for the butterscotch cookies I added some peanut butter (chunky) in place of some butter (I think it was 1/4 cup peanut butter in place of 1/4 cup butter but can't remember, sorry) as Bakingblonde suggested and added a tad more water because my dough was a little too crumbly at first.
Thanks Bakingblonde. I love your blog.

20 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip. Your cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you enjoyed your trip - welcome back. I am loving the chocolate shock cookies in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fantastic trip. I appreciate yor compliment to me, it means so much:)

    Your cookies look wonderful and I love the reeses pieces addition. Ill go check out BakingBlondes blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great tasty looking cookies! Love the peanut butter!
    Im drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious Cookies perfect for my daughter softfall team. All day game.

    Thanks for your wonderful Cookies recipe:)

    Come by and visit:)

    Welcome~~~~
    http://foodcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but have yet to get there. Love that I just found your blog, it looks like we have very similar tastes in recipes! Can't wait to see what you bake up next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm reeses pieces cookies... get in mah bellyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you took a break and had fun in Hawaii! I love BB's blog, too. That and I've made the Chocolate Shock cookies a number of times and they are my favorite chocolate cookie. LOVE your added Reese's and pb! Now I need to make those crispies sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Glad you had a great time...how could you not?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm guessing you had a wonderful time! The cookies look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea! Those cookies both look great, but I would be all over those Reese's ones. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home! Glad you had fun in Hawaii :) These cookies look fantastic - particularly the chocolate fudge ones. I love that you added Reese's pieces to them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a good break - welcome back :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back!!! sounds like a great vacay :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look darn good! I would love one each, please.

    And don't you hate returning from an amazing vacation?! BOO HOO HOO.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back from vacation! I love Baking Blonde. Her blog was actually the blog that introduced me to food blogs! Your cookies look phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back. You have been missed! I look fwd to your yummy baked goods! No worries on not blogging the CHerry pie. I hoped you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummmmmy! Love cookies like this and I'll definitely try them And thanks for a link to a new food blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I, too love her blog and have made several of recipes though mine have all been bar recipes(too lazy to make cookies!). As a matter of fact her blondies were the one to set off my family and I's LOVE of all things blondie!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  20. butterscotch and reese's pieces--two winners in my book. it'd be a battle to the death (almost literally) between these two cookies as to which i devoured first.

    ReplyDelete