Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TWD: French Yogurt Cake


This cake was super yum. Super duper yummy. This week's TWD recipe was French Yogurt Cake and was chosen by Liliana of My Cookbook Addition. Thank you Liliana! As the host, you can get the recipe from Liliana here.

I was very excited about this cake because I had a great occasion to make it - my birthday!!! I LOVE birthday cake, but hardly get to eat it anymore with my horrible lactose affliction. So, with the use of yogurt and oil, this cake easily lent itself to a special Lorelei treat.

I did share the cake! As you can see from the picture above, I shared a lot of it (I did not eat it all I promise). One of the partner's at my firm was hosting a dinner party and I brought along this cake and the amzing S'more bars from Baking Bites (I will do a separate post about these). They both were a big hit.

My adaptations to the Dorie recipe was that I made two batches so that I could make a nice and tall birthday cake with four layers. As suggested I made them in 9 inch pans and then sliced the cake in half to make four layers. I also added lemon extract to the batter because after tasting it I thought it could use an additional lemon boost. That's it. The rest was as advertised. I frosted the cake with a delicous lemon buttercream frosting (using Nucoa Margarine of course) that I got from Good Things Catered. So good - in fact - I think I will go have another piece!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Looks like this was quite a tasty cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that you doubled the recipe and made a nice tall cake. Happy Birthday to you - hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love that you made a four layer cake. What a fabulous tasting birthday cake.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I absolutely love that you used lemon butter cream frosting!!! Happy Belated Birthday. I hope this year is filled with more happiness and good things than you can stand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Lorelei. Glad you enjoyed it. Love all the almond flakes in the cake.

    ReplyDelete