Monday, March 23, 2009

Taylor's Blondies


In my epic cooking/baking night on Friday I also made blondies for my sweet cousin Taylor. I am usually pretty good about making sure that birthday presents get where they need to be on time, but this time, I was a little late. But the weekend allowed me to send her some special treats.



I was pretty sure from Thanksgiving dinners that she doesn't like nuts, but really wasn't to sure about her sweet preferences (was she a major chocoholic like my aunt?). My aunt played the little birdie and let me know that she wasn't as much a dark chocolate fan, but that she would like anything I would send (sweet, but not all that helpful - oh the choices!). So I thought blondies would be the way to go. So I did what I often do, I searched for what I was looking for in my google reader (love it) and voila!


I came across Maria of The Goddess's Kitchen's post about her blondies and her rave reviews on the blondie recipe she used sealed the deal for me. I of course had to make some changes due to the ingredients I had on hand. I used a combination of white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and semi-sweet chocolate chunks (1/2 cup each) and omitted the nuts. I also used 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1 cup dark brown sugar (because I ran out of the light). I also had to cook it for about 12 minutes longer - about 37 minutes total - and they still came out pretty underdone.


The verdict: Hubby loved them lots and lots (he does tend to like most things) but he said he really really liked them. My aunt seemed to like them a lot too. I of course, have no opinion, but they smelled delicious. A few of them (large yield) are on their way to London right now, so I may have more reviews later. I am definitely keeping this on file and will make again - thanks Maria!

7 comments:

  1. I have never made blondies - I think one day soon I will have to give them a try. So I'll be bookmarking this recipe - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you.. They are a real treat and a little different than the norm. which makes it a better surprise.
    The Lemon and apricot cupcakes sound amazing, how have I missed out on those??
    Aunt Mermaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, these blondies look fabulous. Lucky Taylor, racking up the extra treats! I'm a sucker for a good blondie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made them and were enjoyed. They turned out gorgeous!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to make blondies! I can't believe I've never made them!

    I noticed your picture up top of you in Greece. What part? I went to Greece about 2 years ago! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving these blondies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blondies are my FAVE!!!!! I'm making these for sure. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete