Monday, January 5, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: French Pear Tart


My first TWD! I have been dying to join TWD for almost a year, but when I finally mustered up the courage to start a blog so I could join, the club had closed. Thankfully, in the spirit of TWD's One Year Anniversary, Laurie of Quirky Cupcake opened up membership for a limited time and confirmed that I could join!!! So, here it is, my first TWD post, and the recipe was chosen by the guru Dorie Greenspan herself! This is quite a special treat. Check out Dorie's post and the recipe here.

Here is the tart before baking.



And after baking.

I happened to have some French guests at my house, and their opinion: C'etait Tres Bon! [It was very good - but, could be lighter and less sweet]. I'd say that was a good review - for a Frenchman!


It was a busy weekend for me. Since it was our New Years' special retreat weekend where I traditionally do a lot of cooking and baking (and did this year with Paella, foccacia, Coq Au Vin, lamb kebabs, pita, etc.) - I went with canned pears rather than try to poach pears myself. And because both the crust and the cream called for a food processor, and I had been coveting one forever (and tried a cheap Black n' Decker one from Target with terrible results and had to return the piece of junk) we splurged and bought a fabulous KitchenAid Chrome Food Processor that works like a charm! Yay, hercules, hercules. Thanks hubby for carrying it all the way home on foot from Union Square (and braving Macy's on a weekend, with a fire alarm evacuation nonetheless!!).



Check out the TWD blog roll for the other 400+ members' posts. Can't wait until the next TWD recipe. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining TWD! And what a fantastic name for a blog, when I saw it on the list I had to check it out. The pear tart looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to TWD! Glad the tart got the frenchmen approval

    ReplyDelete