Monday, January 26, 2009

Thanks, Gracias, Merci

(dictated by Lorelei, transcribed by Mathias)

It's been almost 2 weeks since my eye surgery and I'm happy to report that the recovery is going well and my doctor is pleased with the results thusfar. I still have a ways to go in order to be 100% and gain full eyesight back in my right eye. But I am feeling much better and look forward to returning to work hopefully next week, at least in a limited capacity. I greatly miss the baking blogging world and can't wait to get back to normal and read all my favorite blogs. But I wanted to do a post with my husband to thank everyone who has been so supportive during this time. Also in that spirit, since I was cleared by my doctor to resume limited baking, I baked some thank you cards, a.k.a decorated sugar cookies, as shown in the picture below. The sugar cookie recipe and the royal icing recipes (and rolling / decorating instructions) come from Cookie Craft by Valerie Peterson & Janice Fryer. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about baking and decorating sugar cookies.

My beloved husband helped me decorate these cookie thank you presents.

Even though this is primarily a baking blog, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of my well wishers who sent me kind words of encouragement, beautiful flowers to brighten my day, and edible treats to warm the soul.

The gorgeous and sweet smelling flowers that got me through the roughest post-surgery days.

Thank you Klein family for the many calls and delicious treats.

Thank you Diane Webb from Morgan Lewis for the amazing pink and purple arrangement.

Thank you Team Morgan (Morgan Lewis).

Thank you Scott and Karen Hamilton.

Thank you Howard Holderness and Kate Greenblat (and MLB Lit. Dept.).

Thank you Holly Furgason from Blue Sparrow Pilates, my favorite pilates instructor.

Thanks to my special college girlfriends Ashley, Ashley, Jaci, and Leah (of Michon Design).
A special shout out to Jen Fearnow (for her daily calls and lots of support); Auburn Daily for her babysitting with yummie Thai food; and Jane Wattenberg for her company and Pho soup lunch.

Last but most importantly, while words cannot adequately give thanks, a heart-felt thank you to my amazing husband Mathias who has lovingly tortured me with eye drops (most diligently), fed my stomach and my soul, and made me feel pretty and loved despite my one-eyes status. He's the greatest -- I am truly lucky in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment