Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Eve Sweets

We co-hosted another holiday party at someone else's (nicer/bigger) apartment. This time it was a New Year's Eve Party at our friend Matt's house (the great Matt Flannery from Kiva). It was a pot-luck dinner party followed by a midnight toast and dancing. For the pot-luck I made an easy and delicious chinese chicken salad and my go to Italian pasta salad (which I made up and will write down the recipe for someday). But for dessert, I settled on the most amazing 3-in-1 treats and some filled cupcakes - Chocolate cupcakes with coconut filling and chocolate frosting, and Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry jam filling and vanilla bean frosting.


So, these are the delicious chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, rice crispy treat goodies that Joy the Baker created - they received rave reviews. Check out her beautiful pictures and post here.




These are the filled cupcakes. I used my go to strawberry cupcake recipe, filled with basic store bought strawberry jam, and then topped with this vanilla bean frosting from Cupcake Project that tastes like vanilla ice cream. And I tried the chocolate coconut cupcakes from Informal Blathering.


And here are some fun party pictures. A great New Year's Party. Thanks Matt - Happy New Year to all! To steal the words of my amazing husband, Better Luck Next Year!!!!

Me and the lovely Craig Brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Glad you enjoyed the frosting. I just made that frosting tonight. I still love it!

    ReplyDelete